1. Stink – To you, and even more so, to your dog.
2. Taste Bad – Imagine eating food with those teeth
3. Create a mist of germs for the lungs, with every inward breath
4. They hurt. Can you look at that and think it’s painless?
5. Last but not least the germs gain access to the blood stream. Ewwww.
One of the most significant contributors to failing health in older dogs is chronic oral infections seeding germs throughout the body. The liver, kidneys, lungs and airway as well as the heart valves will suffer considerably as infection in the mouth worsens.
If your dog’s teeth are rotting out, it’s miserable. Compare that to the risk of anesthesia. I mean, it’s NOT A SNAP DECISION but it’s an important one.
If I had a dog with a rotting mouth, FOR ME, it’s a no-brainer I’d give my dog a break, from that honestly, regardless of risk
Don’t be shocked, but I’d (personally) rather take my chances on Bailey being among the 0.005% that dies from the process – as opposed to being among the many living with a decaying mouth.
A Solution For Rotten Teeth & Better Health For Your Dog. I Recommend This and Used it For Trudy.