What Is In Each Video? Table of Contents: Twenty Koi Health Video Tutorial
- Handling Stress -Have the fish been handled recently? Why that matters.
- Winter Stress -Temperature. Is it winter? Summer? Why that matters
- Feeding or Underfeeding – Feeding and Underfeeding. Why that matters.
- Ammonia Toxicity -Ammonia and it’s super common, why it matters and what it looks like.
- Nitrite Poisoning -Nitrites and what THAT looks like, why it matters and what to do about it.
- Nitrate Poisoning –NitrAtes – especially common fish killer / weakener in established pond.
- pH Explained -pH is the most common deadly water quality parameter to check. Crash discussed.
- Oxygen Levels – Oxygen levels. Why it might sag, impact of heat and plants, what to do about it.
- Crowding – Crowding. How many is too many. What does that do to fish?
- Still and Stale – Water movement and turnover. Common. Stale, still water. Fish weakener.
- Metabolism – Temperature; it’s influence, it’s pitfalls, the ideals for fish recovery
- Injuries – Cuts and bruises. Is that an ulcer, or a gash? How can you tell. When and if you treat.
- Cleanliness – Cleanliness – Is the pond clean? Properly maintained? Can fish recover in unclean ponds?
- Germs & Microbes – Bacterial infections – a usually unnecessary video because 90% of people have figured out the source of a disease is in their water quality and husbandry. Injections, treatments, etc all discussed.
- Fungus – Fungal infections, you’d be surprised the cause, and the treatment (or lack thereof)
- Bugs & Critters – The Parasites, this is pretty common. What you need to know about them, and their treatment.
- Viruses like KHV – Viral diseases, like Koi Herpes virus and some of the skin-viruses that cause warts.
- Video 18 –> No video 18 lol
- Quarantine – Quarantine. If you did it, then the list gets shorter. If you didn’t do it, (and how to do it) the field remains very wide.
- Further Resources – Resources for more help, diagnostics, fish vets who still do it.
What’s Wrong With My Koi Fish?
For folks who don’t really want to mess with information, just adding stuff to get fish to live. Six things you add. Really sarcastic. But it works.