Pilling The Impossible Pet
(Especially Dogs and Especially Small Breed Dogs)
The key is to give their pills as a liquid but how? And is it practical? YES
Practically impossible to pill.
What I found EASY was pill-to-liquid transfer.
- You need a pill crusher. They sell them for about $5 at the pharmacy without any prescription.
- CRUSH the pill(s) – I find it easiest to “tighten-loosen-tighten-loosen” with the crusher instead of one long crush. You’ll see what I mean.
- Once the pills are powdered, the size of black pepper mix them up and then:
- Put the crushed pills in a pill bottle. (Sending a pill bottle)
- Add 3 cc salad dressing like ranch or thousand island.
- Stir. Then add 3 cc water. (Just enough to make the stuff thin enough for syringe.)
- Cap the pill vial:
- SHAKE VERY WELL.
- Using a syringe: Pull up the 6 cc watered-down-salad dressing with powdered meds in it –
- Put this deeply in the CORNER of the mouth. You do NOT have to go over the teeth. Just in the “pouch” between the lip and the teeth
##IMPORTANT## You MUST keep the head tilted UP to the ceiling or they’ll just spit out the medicine. If you keep their head UP the medicine runs down the throat and they HAVE to swallow it.