Management of Renal Disease in Older / Natural Kidney Failure
- Regular / Intermittent Fluids
- FOS Chicory Root Powder
- Water soluble vitamins
- Appetite Stimulant
- Anti-nausea medication
- Low Protein, high-quality-protein or home-cooked renal-sparing diets.
- Baking Soda in their water
- DMSO containing fluids
- NON DMSO containing fluids
- Epakitin – Calcium carbonate to complex and reduce phosphate in the bloodstream.
Epakitin is a mixture of chitosan and calcium carbonate. https://amzn.to/3SpsR2t
Websites are giving it credit for doing a LOT of stuff it absolutely cannot do. It’s a lot of “fine print” stuff like saying: “Epakitin and a kidney-sparing diet can reduce phosphate levels and reduce BUN and creatinine values”. WITHOUT specifying that Epakitin will not effect nitrogen levels at all. It’s the diet that will do that. Still, it can be argued that cats and dogs “feel better” with lower Phosphorus levels. And, it’s mirrored in the improvements you see when you give sodium bicarbonate.