How Much Chocolate is Poisonous For Dogs?

In case you did not know, if the chocolate was ingested within 2 hours, you may benefit the dog by inducing vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. You need to give 1 cup per 50 pounds and the dog will vomit within about 5 minutes and will vomit FOR about 15 minutes, at which time you may offer water to help stop the process. They may or may not drink.

https://drjohnson.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Chocolate-poisoning-1.pdf

Enter your email address for a free PDF of this article including its images.

Enter your Email Address

Dr Erik Johnson

Dr Erik Johnson is a Marietta, Georgia Veterinarian with a practice in small animal medicine. He graduated from University of Georgia with his Doctorate in 1991. Dr Johnson is the author of several texts on Koi and Pond Fish Health and Disease as well as numerous articles on dog and cat health topics.