2) Unboxing the Celestron
The Corona Virus is bumming me out. Not happy. You can tell.
They aren’t going to leave the price at $167 for what you get. The case is very good, PLEASE SAVE YOUR FOAM CUBES. The scope has a metal body and it’s very respectable in image and ability. It even has a mechanical stage. That’s explained in another installment of this tutorial.
Celestron – LCD Digital Microscope II – Biological Microscope with a Built-In 5MP Digital Camera – Adjustable Mechanical Stage –Carrying Case and 1GB Micro SD Card
- BUILT-IN 5MP DIGITAL CAMERA: Our Celestron Biological Microscope has a built-in 5MP digital camera that captures high-resolution images and 30 fps SD video of your specimen as well as a full color 3.5″ TFT LCD screen with onboard software.
- HIGH MAGNIFICATION POWER: From 40x up to 1600x magnification (with digital zoom), the LCD Digital Microscope II is a precision instrument ideal for viewing a range of cellular specimens on slides.
- INCLUDES 1GB MICRO SD CARD: The Celestron LCD Digital Microscope II even includes a 1GB micro SD card, which provides enough storage to capture over 600 high-resolution images for lab reports, papers, lessons, and more.
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: In addition to the 1GB micro SD card, you’ll receive a dust cover, a rugged canvas carrying case with shoulder strap, 5 prepared slides, an AV out cable for viewing on a TV or projector, and a 4-plug international AC adapter.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from Celestron, based in California since 1960. Your purchase is backed by a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Our professional-level Celestron LCD Digital Microscope II with built-in digital camera is a biological LCD microscope with fully achromatic lens objectives, a mechanical stage, a 3.5” full color TFT screen, and a 5MP CMOS sensor, which allows for high-resolution imaging of specimen slides. A 1GB micro SD card is included to provide enough storage to capture over 600 high-resolution images for lab reports, papers, lessons, and much more! Powerful 40x to 1600x magnification with a digital zoom function makes the LCD Digital Microscope II ideal for viewing a range of cellular specimens on slides, while the built-in dual illumination source allows you to examine both translucent and opaque samples. Use the screen’s measuring reticle to help you determine the size of the specimens being examined. The LCD screen rotates 180 degrees so that you can easily share your discoveries with others. A fully adjustable mechanical stage with dual (X and Y) axis fine position control knobs allows for the accurate and easy positioning of slides. Buy with confidence from Celestron, based in California since 1960. Your purchase is backed by a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Enter your email address for a free PDF of this article including its images.Enter your Email Address
My Favorite Amazon Recommendations
Items and content will not show in "Reader View" check your browser.
PraziPro for Flukes
Buy Some Good Koi?
Best Food, Ever
Pro Air 60 Aerator is a VERY high output air pump pushing my whole fish room (17+ drops), and I have one at home driving everything there, and I have one as a back up.
Topical For Koi and Pond Fish Ulcers
Koi Health & Disease
I have over ten of these Titanium Heaters in my fish room and at home. They're a paradigm shift in aquarium heating. They're titanium and 400W for under $30! Whaaaaaaaaat?
CyroPro by Hikari is safe and easy for Anchor Worms and Fish Lice.
Whatever heaters you use, back yourself up with a temperature controller, it'll turn on, and off your heaters. If your heater seizes "on" at least the thermostat will stop a tragedy.
LifeGuard by Tetra is a tablet version of a tame 'chloramine-t' or 'halamid' compound that's easy to get and good on bacterial infections, in baths.
For me, filtration-of-choice
Rubber sided, round, nettable tanks
1200 Watt heater, on a thermostat held securely above the waterline, works GREAT as a large tank heater. That's all I'll say because there's risk of electrocution and all that. But then, even in a bucket you could get killed. Sound like fun?
What Does Ajax Eat?