COVID 19 Protocols & Policies, March 2020
“Please wait in your car, call 770 977 5377 and we’ll call you there to bring your pet to the door at your appointed time. We’ll have him back to you in a short time (and sanitized) and you’ll get a call DURING or AFTER the appointment depending on the need for communication.”
If you are bringing a pet to JVS to be seen today:
Why We Care: Covid 19 is different from Influenza in that:
- If you are exposed, you will get it. No one has been vaccinated. No one is naturally immune.
- To avoid getting sick, spreading sickness and contributing to the overloading of the hospital system, Johnson Vet Services is taking every precaution.
- COVID-19 is spread by droplets and mist into your nose and mouth by air or hand.
- The only way to get COVID from a pet is to touch a pet with infectious droplets on it, and then touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
Johnson Vet Services Protocols
Effective immediately: Pet owners can come on, we’re good, we’re doing exams and taking care of pets. But you simply drop the pet at the door. We won’t be sticking our noses into your pet’s fur, we’re washing our hands CONSTANTLY using virucidal gels and sprays. And, we’re using safe antivirals on pet’s coats.
JVS Employee Protocols
If an employee has ANY respiratory symptoms, they wear a mask. To employees with allergies and runny noses: Sorry.
If an employee has a fever of any sort they are not to be at the office.
If the an employee has not been quarantining when out of the office, they have to wear a mask at the office. (If you were one of the idiot-keg-standers at the beach on Spring Break for example.)
Chlorhexidine is not effective against viruses.
Peroxide: Less than 60 seconds is all it takes at 1.5% strength. (Half the OTC strength)
- Avoid direct handshaking, hugging, or greetings that require direct contact.
- Provide hand-sanitizer in all areas, at the front desk, and in all bathrooms.
- Disinfect common areas including entry doors, reception chairs, and front desk counters throughout the day. Diluted household bleach 1:30 will kill the virus.
- Wash hands often and refrain from touching your face—eyes, nose, and mouth.
Enter your email address for a free PDF of this article including its images.Enter your Email Address
My Favorite Amazon Recommendations
Items and content will not show in "Reader View" check your browser.
PraziPro for Flukes
Buy Some Good Koi?
Best Food, Ever
Pro Air 60 Aerator is a VERY high output air pump pushing my whole fish room (17+ drops), and I have one at home driving everything there, and I have one as a back up.
Topical For Koi and Pond Fish Ulcers
Koi Health & Disease
I have over ten of these Titanium Heaters in my fish room and at home. They're a paradigm shift in aquarium heating. They're titanium and 400W for under $30! Whaaaaaaaaat?
CyroPro by Hikari is safe and easy for Anchor Worms and Fish Lice.
Whatever heaters you use, back yourself up with a temperature controller, it'll turn on, and off your heaters. If your heater seizes "on" at least the thermostat will stop a tragedy.
LifeGuard by Tetra is a tablet version of a tame 'chloramine-t' or 'halamid' compound that's easy to get and good on bacterial infections, in baths.
For me, filtration-of-choice
Rubber sided, round, nettable tanks
1200 Watt heater, on a thermostat held securely above the waterline, works GREAT as a large tank heater. That's all I'll say because there's risk of electrocution and all that. But then, even in a bucket you could get killed. Sound like fun?
What Does Ajax Eat?