|The Basic Koi Pond Medicine Bag
The basics in your pond / fish disease tool kit include:
1. An anti parasite remedy for use in the pond water that contains Praziquantel (For flukes)
2. Salt for ciliated protozoan parasites like Ich, Chilodonella, Costia and Trichodina.
3. Formalin-containing compounds if the salt doesn't work (remove most of the salt first)
4. A chitin synthesis inhibitor like Anchor Control (ECORX) for Fish Lice and Anchor Worm
5. Medicated food for bacterial infections.
6. Sometimes the ability to heat a very weak fish in a small quarantine facility will save these weak fish. So having a collapsible tank that you can loan or rent them then sterilize later is nice, with a titanium caged drop in heater.